Lord Shiva, the Trishul and me.
Scene.1
-A garden in the middle of a bustling city.
-Midday.
-A Trishul seen lying on the shade of a tree.
-I, wandering about aimlessly, happen to see the Trishul, stare at it for some time, go near, bend down towards the Trishul, pay respect and sit beside it, hands folded into a ‘Namaste’ posture.
Me: Jai Trishul
The Trishul opens an eye on the left hand of spear lazily, stares at me for a moment and closes it again.
Trishul: Why are you troubling me here?
Me: Troubling? I wanted to offer prayer to you. But how come you are here? Aren’t you supposed to be in the Shiva temple?
Trishul: I’m damn tired standing under the hot sun the whole day. You know, it’s an open temple and no one cares how a statue feels without a roof over its head in the hot sun.
Me: It’s so sad. But being a part of the sun itself, how come you’re feeling so hot?
Trishul: [Suddenly getting up and sitting] that’s interesting. I’m coming across a person who knows about me after a long time.
Me: I know about your story, that you’re the part of the heat removed from the sun by Vishwakarma on the request of…
Trishul: Its fate my girl. I was so happy to be a part of the sun, enjoying thoroughly, always giving away heat. Look at my condition now. I’m constrained in the form of Trishul, made to contain myself. Who on this world knows how much one has to struggle to contain its energy within oneself? Here I am, having the capabilities but suffering in the sun.
Me: So sad..
Trishul: It was better in the olden days. People used to use me to kill each other in wars. I used to get opportunities to express myself, my strength. Now in the age of machine guns and fighter jets, no one thinks about me, except some fanatic rogues who only shout in between.
Me: Isn’t it good that you are worshipped now, as a part of Shiva, the destroyer?
Trishul: My master Shiva has also mellowed down. You know, for the person whose dance is the pivotal point of this universe, it’s tragic that he also has to control himself nowadays.
Suddenly Shiva appears. Both, the Trishul and I stand up and bend our bodies in reverence.
Me: Oh God. It’s amazing. We were discussing about you and here you are.
Shiva: I still hold my promise, to present myself to those who believe in me.
Me: But you came without a trace.
Siva: In these days of virtual reality, it’s so easy. You have to be a little tech savvy, that’s all.
Me: God, why are you keeping the Trishul making it contain the energy within itself? See its condition.
Shiva: [Addressing both the Trishul and me] controlling your power and not using it without any discretion, is your strength. Trishul has tremendous energy and power, but it should be used only for the right purpose.
Me: We have the same doubt about you also. With the powers to make the universe to dance to your tune, aren’t you wasting your time standing idle in the temple?
Shiva: The principle is applicable to everyone in the universe. Restraint is a strength. Control yourself and express only when it matters, when it can make a positive change. I do this in temples, at homes, anywhere, giving that much energy to each individual who seeks me as per their capacities, so that they can excel in their own way
Me: Lord! Thank you so much for making me realize the purpose of true worship- to draw positive energy to excel in my field.
Shiva: That’s good. Now come, Trishul. Your siesta is over. We have to go back. [Both disappear]
Comments
Post a Comment